Lease vs. Own
How to decide?
There are a number of factors to consider when deciding between leasing vs. owning:
- Leasing has a lower up front cost, but can cost significantly more over time.
- You can own for as little as 10% down with the SBA 504 program.
- Often, monthly payments for leasing vs. owning are quite similar.
- With owning, you benefit from the building’s appreciation; with leasing, your landlord gets the benefits.
- Owning your building can give you the opportunity to lease any unused space, lowering your occupancy costs.
- The equity you build from owning your building can provide a comfortable retirement.
- Owning your building has tax advantages that leasing doesn’t.
Contact one our loan experts for a no-cost lease vs own comparison