The Junior Accountant is responsible for accounts payable and receivable, payroll, and banking. The Junior Accountant assists with general ledger duties and reporting as needed.
Why does this position exist – to serve the needs of our internal “clients”.
- Input accounts payable into Bill.com and QuickBooks. Obtain approval on invoices when needed. Process payments in Bill.com, based on due date. Maintain A/P files. Follow up on vendor issues and questions.
- Refund client deposits monthly.
- Invoice clients for any outstanding fees. Follow up on outstanding invoices with clients.
- Record client deposits, lender fee payments, and loan origination and servicing fees. Prepare daily bank deposits and prepare cash transfers as needed.
- Prepare monthly bank account reconciliations.
- Reconcile company credit card statements monthly.
- Issue year-end 1099’s.
- Assist with annual financial audit, including providing requested documents to the auditors and other audit requests.
- Assist with annual SBA report.
- Provide backup support to phones and Office Manager.
- Provide notary services for the servicing and closing department.
- Provide HR Administrative support as needed.
- Additionally, any other duties are needed to help drive the company’s vision, fulfill its mission and adhere to TMC’s core values
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) in Accounting from four-year college or university; and/or 2+ plus years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Organized, disciplined thinker with the ability to work independently in fast-paced, rapidly changing environment;
- Excellent time management and project management skills; must be able to track and manage details for projects/tasks, and prioritize against daily responsibilities;
- Excellent attention to detail without compromising deadlines;
- Strong people and communication skills are essential. Must interact productively with many different types of personalities and work levels;
- Excellent phone etiquette and customer service skills;
- Strong written communications and email etiquette skills;
- Proficient in MS Office applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Expensify, Bill.com, QuickBooks Desktop, and QuickBooks Online.