The Staff Accountant is responsible for the general ledger, assist with various reporting, monthly and year end close, and to provide HR administrative support as directed by the HR Director. This position reports to the CFO.
Why does this position exist – to serve the needs of our internal “clients”.
- Prepare and record revenue, loan loss reserves, depreciation.
- Complete payroll worksheet, input payroll changes and hours, verify totals, and process payroll and 401(k) bi-monthly.
- Calculate commissions for payroll.
- Book journal entries and assist CFO with monthly close and assist Financial Analyst variance and financial reporting. Prepare monthly bank account reconciliations.
- Reconcile company credit card statements monthly.
- Assist CFO with annual financial audit, including providing requested documents to the auditors and other audit requests.
- Assist Financial Analyst with monthly forecast and annual budget preparation.
- Provide reports and information and assist CFO with other tasks as needed.
- Own the QuickBooks administrator role.
- Assist with various projects relating to workflow improvement and apps.
- Provide backup support to phones and Office Manager.
- Input and update HRPassport, Nettime, and Fidelity with employee and employment information.
- Track and record hours and time off in Nettime as needed.
- Answer basic employee questions and provide backup support to HR.
- Conduct reference checks as needed.
- Provide reports and information and assist with other tasks and projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) in Accounting from four-year college or university; and/or 2+ plus years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Organized, disciplined thinker with ability to work independently in fast paced, rapidly changing environment;
- Excellent time management and project management skills; must be able to track and manage details for projects/tasks, and prioritize against daily responsibilities;
- Excellent attention to detail without compromising deadlines;
- Strong people and communication skills are essential. Must interact productively with many different types of personalities and work levels;
- Excellent phone etiquette and customer service skills;
- Strong written communications and email etiquette skills;
- Proficient in MS Office applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Expensify, Bill.com, QuickBooks Desktop, and QuickBooks Online.