The Junior Accountant assists with general ledger duties and reporting as needed. This position reports to the CFO.
The perfect person for this role is proactive, takes ownership of their work, and wants to learn and grow.
- Input accounts payable into Bill.com and QuickBooks. Obtain approval on invoices when needed. Process payments in Bill.com, based on due date. Maintain A/P files. Follow up on vendor issues and questions.
- Refund client deposits monthly.
- Invoice clients for any outstanding fees. Follow up on outstanding invoices with clients.
- Record client deposits, lender fee payments, and loan origination and servicing fees. Prepare daily bank deposits and prepare cash transfers as needed.
- Monitor bank accounts to optimize bank interest earned and maintain required balances. Open and close bank accounts as needed.
- Complete payroll worksheet, input payroll changes and hours, verify totals, and process payroll and 401(k) bi-monthly.
- Prepare monthly bank account reconciliations.
- Reconcile company credit card statements monthly.
- Issue year-end 1099’s.
- Assist with annual financial audit, including providing requested documents to the auditors and other audit requests.
- Assist with annual SBA report.
- Input and update HRPassport, Nettime, and Fidelity with employee and employment information as needed.
- Track and record hours and time off in Nettime as needed.
- Provide reports and information and assist with other tasks as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) in Accounting from four-year college or university; and/or 2+ plus years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Organized, disciplined thinker with ability to work independently in fast paced, rapidly changing environment;
- Excellent time management and project management skills; must be able to track and manage details for projects/tasks, and prioritize against daily responsibilities;
- Excellent attention to detail without compromising deadlines;
- Strong people and communication skills are essential. Must interact productively with many different types of personalities and work levels;
- Excellent phone etiquette and customer service skills;
- Strong written communications and email etiquette skills;
- Proficient in MS Office applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Expensify, Bill.com, QuickBooks Desktop, and QuickBooks Online.
This position will give you the opportunity to work in a collaborative and supportive environment where your contributions matter.
If you are interested in joining our team of experts email your resume in MS Word or PDF format to
We look forward to hearing from you!