The Business Development/Sales Associate will partner with internal teams and their assigned Business Development Officer (BDO) to assist with qualifying leads and helping to expedite the processing of borrower loan files. Accordingly, the Business Development/Sales Associate follows up with applicants, key partners, and referral sources, such as commercial real estate brokers and commercial lenders, as directed by their assigned BDO.
The Business Development/Sales Associate will follow up on documents required to complete the loan file and expedite processing—TMC Financing is looking for a highly motivated self-starter to keep loan files moving in a timely and orderly process with minimal direction from their leader and internal teams.
- Proactively create and send proposals to brokers for newly listed commercial real estate properties and in response to requests from BDO.
- Process loan inquiries and provide potential borrowers with TMC application and customized loan proposals.
- Receive loan files from internal or external sources, complete data entry for each loan into Salesforce (CRM) and Ventures (Loan Management System) and submit for prequalification.
- Follow up if missing documentation is identified at any stage of the loan process to keep the BDO sales pipelines clean, efficient, and operational.
- Assume an active role in turning a lead into a deal-ready opportunity for pre-qualification.
- Ensure CRM is consistently up-to-date and accurate, including contact information for brokers, lenders, and partners.
- Ensure and oversee CRM pipeline efficiency and reporting.
- Review, respond, or redirect BDO email when BDO is unavailable or out of office.
- Work with BDO and Marketing to coordinate and plan networking and other sales events and presentations.
- Work with Marketing to customize template presentations for events; make changes as necessary for target audience, current rates, etc.
- May attend industry events and meetings with or in place of BDOs.
- Additionally, any other duties are needed to help drive the company’s vision, fulfill its mission and adhere to TMC’s core values.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- SBA 504 Lending, banking, commercial real estate, and credit experience preferred.
- Strong people and communication skills are essential. Must be able to interact and cooperate with various personality types and work levels both internally and externally;
- Strong written communications and email etiquette skills;
- Results and people oriented with sound judgment — ability to balance other business considerations with client issues/concerns. Service oriented, yet assertive/persuasive;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Must be able to track and manage details for multiple clients and projects and prioritize projects against daily responsibilities;
- Proficient in MS Office applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook;
- Working knowledge of CRM databases. Salesforce experience a plus;
- Knowledge of documentation such as financial information and Purchase Sale Agreements (PSAs);
- Must be flexible in work schedule and able to attend evening events and travel throughout the greater Bay Area occasionally;
- Occasional need to respond to client communication at off hours.