Reporting to the EVP, Sales & Marketing, the Business Development Officer grows revenue by developing relationships with key partners and referral sources, such as banks and other commercial lenders, commercial real estate brokers, small-business owners, and developers.
Essential Responsibilities and Principal Accountabilities
• Grow existing relationships, develop new partners and referral sources to acquire new loans. This is a business development position, not an underwriter. Credit write-ups are done by a loan officer.
• Self-source owner-user real estate loan opportunities within an assigned territory.
• Interview business owner to determine eligibility for the SBA 504 loan program.
• Monitor loans from the referral stage through closing and funding.
• Lead communications: set expectations, monitor timelines and keep all loan participants (e.g., business owner, lender, broker) well-informed.
• Initiate and manage work flow independently, yet seek guidance on complex issues and challenging loans when prudent.
Make substantial number of outside, in-person calls on prospects and clients.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, economics or finance from a recognized college or university, or equivalent qualifying experience in business finance sales or related field.
• Strong knowledge of SBA 504 loan program.
• At least five years of experience in commercial loan marketing, business development and/or commercial real estate financing, with deep business contacts in the wider Clark County area. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
• Good understanding of commercial real estate loan structuring and the fundamentals of commercial credit.
• Demonstrated effective use of sales and marketing tactics and ability to educate potential clients about lending programs.
• Strong interpersonal skills. The successful candidate will interact well with many personalities, backgrounds and professional levels to create highly productive rapport.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including effective presentation and public speaking skills.
• Excellent project management skills; demonstrated ability to track and manage details for multiple clients simultaneously.
• Must be flexible in work schedule and able to attend evening events and travel throughout the territory frequently.
This position will cover business development opportunities throughout Sonoma, Napa, the North Bay and San Francisco.
This position will give you the opportunity to work in a collaborative and supportive environment where your contributions matter. We offer competitive pay and an amazing benefits package. We look forward to hearing from you!