Founder and President
Barbara Morrison, a Bay Area business and civic leader, is the founder and president of TMC Financing, a Certified Development Company that provides SBA commercial real estate financing.
TMC Financing is the No. 1 SBA 504 lender in the nation. Since 1981, TMC has secured U.S. Small Business Administration funding for real estate projects totaling more than $12 billion in California and Nevada, benefiting nearly 5,000 businesses and creating and retaining an estimated 60,000 jobs throughout the region.
Morrison developed her passion for small business economic development early in her career while serving as deputy director of the Mayor’s Office of Economic Development in San Francisco.
A former mayor and city council member for the city of Belvedere, Morrison has been widely recognized for her advocacy for women and small business owners, as well as the leadership she provided for many community organizations.
Awards and Accomplishments
2011 – Northern California Real Estate Women of Influence Hall of Fame, San Francisco Business Times and law firm Allen Matkins
2012 – Financial Woman of the Year, Financial Women’s Association of San Francisco
2013 – Most Influential Women in Bay Area Business Award
2014 – Forever Influential Award, SF Business Times
2016 – Inducted into YWCA Marin Women’s Hall of Fame
2017 – Industry Impact Award, CREW Network
2017 – Most Admired CEO, SF Business Times
2017 – Top East Bay Women Business Owners, Oakland Chamber of Commerce
2017 – TMC named Main Street Lender of the Year, Coleman Report
2019 – San Francisco Business Times, TMC named Bay Area Best Places to Work for the fourth time
- TMC Community Capital, Founder and President
- Presidio Bank, Advisory Board Member
- Marin Theater Company, Board Member
- Renaissance Women’s Leadership Council, Member
- Oakland Chamber of Commerce, Economic Development Committee
- Working Solutions, Founder and former Board Member
- Renaissance Entrepreneur Center, Former Founding Board Member
- Harvard Kennedy School, Women and Public Policy Women’s Leadership Board, Former Board Member
- The Buck Institute for Research on Aging, Former Board Member